Hello friends & welcome to So Suzy Stamps inspiration post.
Today I have a card tutorial made with my favorite stamps from the latest release...Butterfly Music & Flair And Laughter.
Does the background look familiar?
If so that is because I shared this background around a month back as a bonus background...
You can find the original post HERE.
I am again sharing the steps involved to make this background below...
Lets move on to the tutorial for this card:
- I started with creating my background. I placed my Memory Box Stencil on a piece of watercolor cardstock & inked it with Abandoned Coral Distress ink & Clarity Brushes (These brushes are the perfect tool to create soft blended backgrounds...) I did this step to lay down a little color & prepare my background for my next step.
- Once the inking was done I sprayed a little Scarlet Brusho Color Crystals without removing the stencil & misted it with Mini Mister which had water mixed with a little Perfect Pearl powder to get a pretty shimmer on my background. The water activated the crystal powders & I got lovely variation of colors instead of plain stenciled background.
- Now I removed the Stencil carefully & let the background dry.
- Bonus Tip: After removing the stencil I pressed it down on another piece of watercolor cardstock to get 1 more bonus background. (Below you can see both the backgrounds)
- Now I stamped the Butterfly Music & Flair And Laughter stamps with black archival ink with the help of Mini MISTI. Since I am stamping on a textured watercolor cardstock Mini MISTI allows me to stamp more that once on the same spot which results in even & crisp image.
- Once my stamping was done I inked the opposite corners with Abandoned Coral Distress inks to highlight Butterfly Music stamp in the center.
- Next I inked the Butterfly Music stamp with my waterbrush & Peacock Feather Distress Ink.
- I added 3D Crystal Lacquer to the butterfly.
- Finally I added some gold sequins. I glued the sequins so that some are facing up & some down to add more interest & to look like someone randomly sprinkled them on the card.
Here is the closeup of my glossy butterfly :)
Hope you like my card...
Thank you for visiting today....